By Katie Poole-Hussa, Property Manager for Acorn Property Management
In summer, complete the following projects to keep the rental property landscape lush and the home cool for your tenants.
- Walk around the property’s exterior and open or uncover foundation vents.
- Uncover central air conditioner and install window air conditioners.
- Pressure wash siding and fences.
- Pressure wash sidewalks and patios. Repair and seal cracks in walkways, driveways, patios, etc.
- Touch up peeling or damaged paint.
- Check exterior caulking and apply caulk as needed.
- Wash exterior windows.
- Remove lint from dryer exhaust vent with a long, flexible brush.
- Clean the swimming pool or spa. Fix cracked tiles and any safety or structural concerns. Ensure any fence around the pool is secure and the gate has a working latch or lock.
- Turn on the sprinkler system and check for leaks.
- Open or remove storm windows.
Katie Poole–Hussa is a Licensed Property Manager, Continuing Education Provider, Chair of the Education Committee for the RHA Oregon, and General Manager of the Portland Oregon branch of Acorn Property Management, LLC. She can be reached with questions or comments at Katie@AcornPM.net.